Tobago Fried Bake Recipe
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 3 cups oil
- In a large bowl sift flour, salt and baking powder.Add the 2 1/2 cups of water and mix until the dough comes together.
- Pour out onto a floured working area and knead for about 10 minutes.Put dough back in the bowl and cover with plastic wrap and let rest in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- Punch down and divide into 6 portions.Flatten each portion to 1/4-inch thick and 5-6 inches in diameter.
- In a large skillet with the 3 cups of oil, fry each portion until just browned, turning only once. Drain on a wire rack with some paper towels underneath.
- The fried bake should be fluffy and hollow inside so just cut one side of it about 1/4 of the way and put whatever you would like in the middle and enjoy.