Thai Ribs With Honey & Soy
- One rack of spare ribs cut down the middle
- 1 can of beer
- 1/2 lemon peeled
- 1/2 small orange peeled
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger peeled and smashed
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine Sake
- 1/2 teaspoon Thai seven-spice powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Place the ribs in a wide roasting pan along with the one can of beer. Cover with foil and cook in an oven preheated to 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove any seeds from the lemon and orange and place in a food processor with the ginger, garlic onion, soy sauce, rice wine, seven-spice powder, honey and sesame oil. Process until smooth.
- Pour off any fat from the spare ribs, then spoon the pureed mixture over the spare ribs. Toss the ribs to coat evenly.
- Return the ribs to the oven at 400 degrees F. and roast for about 40 minutes, turning and basting them occasionally or until golden brown. Serve hot.