Thai Ground Pork Salad (Larb) Recipe
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 small shallots minced
- 2 red Thai chili peppers thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 lime plus lime wedges, for serving
- 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped mint
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1 head white cabbage cut into triangles
- In a bowl, mix the pork, garlic, shallots and thinly sliced Thai red chili peppers.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lime juice, fish sauce, brown sugar.
- In a skillet, heat the oil. Add the pork mixture and cook over high heat, stirring to break up the meat, until no pink remains, 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the lime juice mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the meat to a bowl; stir in the herbs. Season with salt and pepper and top with the chopped salted peanuts.
- Serve with lime wedges and cabbage for wrapping and beer for drinking.