Thai Drunken Noodles
- 8 oz. Thai Kitchen wide rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 3 red Thai chili peppers crushed
- 2 shallots sliced and minced
- 1 small red onion sliced thin
- 8 oz. chicken breasts boneless, small chunks
- 2-3 stocks Chinese broccoli cut-up
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 4 kaffir lime leaves see Note
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Maggi or Golden Mountain
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup Holy basil or sweet basil julienned and cut in half
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and remove from heat. Add Thai Kitchen stir fry noodles, let stand 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let soak until noodles are soft but firm. Drain well and toss
- In a mortar, add crushed garlic, crushed chiles and minced shallots and blend into a paste.
- Over high heat add oil in wok or deep skillet, add the paste and red onion and stir fry till onion is limp.
- Add the chicken breast and stir fry till half cooked then add broccoli and continue stir-frying for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the sauces, lime leaves, sugar and add the noodles and toss well and noodles are well heated. Sprinkle with basil, mix well and serve.