Tahitian Fish (Poisson Cru) Recipe
- 1 pound halibut, swordfish, red snapper or other white-flesh fish
- 2 tomatoes seeded and diced
- 3 limes juice of
- 1/2 onion finely diced
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 3 green onions sliced on the bias
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the fish into 1/2 inch cubes and soak in salted water for 5 minutes.
- In a salad bowl, mix the diced tomatoes, the finely diced onion, the sliced green onions and the chopped parsley.
- In another bowl mix the lime juice and the fish, cover and place in refrigerator for 1 hour. With a slotted spoon, transfer the fish to the mixture in the salad bowl, add the coconut milk and mix thoroughly.
- Note: Do not put the fish back in the refrigerator after the coconut milk has been added.