Stuffed Mushrooms in Garlic Wine Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 5 oz. Boursin, semisoft cheese with garlic
- 2 dozen large mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh herbs thyme oregano, scallions or parsley
- Heat butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook shallot and garlic in hot butter until slightly browned. Carefully add wine and broth. Bring just to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a 3-quart au gratin dish or casserole.Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Remove stems from mushrooms. Spoon a rounded teaspoon of cheese into each mushroom. Arrange the filled mushrooms, cheese side up, in the dish.
- Bake uncovered for 10 to 12 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle wih the snipped fresh herbs. Serve hot.