- 8 tomatoes, ripe cored and chopped
- 1 onion, small yellow coarsely chopped
- 1 Green bell pepper cored, seeded and chopped - reserve1/4 cup for topping
- 1 Yellow bell pepper cored, seeded and chopped - reserve 1/4 cup for topping
- 3 Cucumbers peeled, seeded and chopped - reserve 1/4 cup for topping
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil, Spanish extra virgin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 slice sour dough bread crust removed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Place the onion and bell peppers in a food processor fitted with metal blade. Process until coarsely chopped and transfer to a bowl.
- Core tomatoes and peel and core cucumber and chop each into 1/2-inch dice. Mince the garlic.
- Add tomatoes, cucumbers, garlic and breadcrumbs with the vegetables. Stir in the vinegar and tomato juice.
- Gradually, add the remaining olive oil, stirring to combine and adjust the seasonings, salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours until well chilled. Serve in chilled bowls topped with reserved bell peppers and cucumbers.