South American Hot BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup onion minced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper minced
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and crushed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar firmly packed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried hot red chili peppers crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Stir-fry onion, green pepper and garlic in oil, in a saucepan over moderate heat, 5-8 minutes until onion is pale golden.
- Add chili powder and stir-fry 1-2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, cover and simmer 1/2 hour.
- Use as a basting sauce for spareribs, beef or poultry.