Seafood Stir Fry Recipe
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated
- 8 sea scallops about 12 oz.
- 12 jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined, about 8 oz.
- 12 Medium Scallops cleaned of muscle
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup peanut oil divided
- 1 small eggplant or Asian eggplant cut into 8 wedges, about 8 oz.
- 1 cup scallions cut into 1" pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Combine broth, chili garlic sauce, soy sauce, sherry and ginger in a bowl.
- Dust scallops and shrimp with cornstarch.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the eggplant and saute for 3 minutes or until browned, turning once; remove from the pan. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and heat until almost smoking. Place scallops in the pan, sear for 2 minutes on each side, then add the shrimp and stir-fry 3 minutes.
- Deglaze with broth mixture and cook for 1 minute. Return eggplant to the pan and simmer to reduce and thicken the sauce.
- Off heat, stir in scallions and cilantro. Serve with steamed rice.