Sauerkraut Cream Pie Recipe
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 5 eggs well beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.Drain the sauerkraut and rinse with cold water and squeeze dry and reserve.
- In a standing mixer bowl, cream butter and sugar, blending well. Add flour, cornmeal, eggs, milk, vanilla and lemon juice., mixing well. Add the reserved sauerkraut, mix well to incorporate. Pour the filling into two unbaked 9" pie crusts. See Bud's Flaky Pie Crusts.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean. Cool completely before devouring.