Sauce Vinaigrette Recipe
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove smashed and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive oil
- In a mortar and pestle, grind the salt, pepper and garlic together until it becomes a paste.
- In a small bowl, whisk all the ingredients together, except the oil. Add the oil slowly, whisking continuously. When it has all been absorbed, taste the sauce. Adjust with extra vinegar, salt or pepper to suit your taste.
- Serve with salads or crudites.Makes about 1 3/4 cups.