Roast Leg Of Lamb
- One bone-in leg of lamb roast about 5 to 6 pounds See Note
- 2 or 3 cloves of garlic smashed and minced
- 1/2 tablespoon of crushed black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon of Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon of minced fresh rosemary or about 2 teaspoon of dried
- about 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Bring the leg of lamb to room temperature for about 2 hours. Preheat the oven to 450 F. degrees.
- Combine the garlic, salt, pepper, rosemary and the 3 tablespoons of olive oil together in a small bowl, then rub the mixture all over the roast.
- Place the roast on a rack in a roasting pan with the fat side up.
- Place the pan in the 450 F. degree oven for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 325 F. degrees and cook till a instant thermometer registers 130-135 F. degrees for medium rare, 140-145 F. for medium.
- Cover with foil and let rest for 15 to 20 minutes before carving.