Roast Beef with Fresh Herbs and Basil Olive Oil
- 1 1/2- pound beef eye of round roast
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup mix of finely chopped rosemary mint and tarragon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Basil Infused Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F. Generously coat the roast with half of the chopped herb mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over moderately high heat. Add the roast and lightly brown it on all sides, about 3 minutes. Wipe out the skillet, return the meat to it and roast in the oven until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 140 degrees F., about 25 minutes. Transfer the roast to a cutting board and season again with salt and pepper. Cover loosely with foil and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Thinly slice the roast and drizzle each portion with 1/2 tablespoon basil oil. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup chopped herbs and serve.