Rice Soup with Eggs Recipe
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 3/4 oz. pork ground
- 3 scallions sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 red chili deseeded and chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/4 cups long-grain rice cooked
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- 4 small eggs
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pan or wok. Add the garlic and cook pork gently for about 1 minute until the meat is broken up but not browned.
- Stir in the scallions, ginger, chili and stock, stirring until boiling, about 8-10 minutes. Add the cooked rice, lower the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the fish sauce and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Carefully break the eggs into the soup and simmer over a very low heat for 3-4 minutes until set.
- Ladle the soup into large bowls, allowing 1 egg per portion. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve.