Raffles Lamb Curry Recipe
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger root minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 pounds lean lamb, boneless cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup tomato puree
- 1 1-inch piece cinnamon stick
- 4 green cardamom pods ground
- 4 whole cloves ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- dash black pepper
- Fresh or dried shredded coconut optional
- Raisins optional
- Toasted peanuts optional
- Chopped hard boiled eggs optional
- Diced tomato optional
- Sliced banana optional
- Blend curry powder and water to form soft paste.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. When hot, add curry paste, ginger root and garlic and fry, stirring constantly to prevent burning, 2 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high and add meat. Cook, stirring, until meat is no longer pink, 8-10 minutes.
- Add water, milk, tomato puree, cinnamon stick, cardamom, cloves, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer until meat is tender about 45 minutes.
- Place coconut, raisins, peanuts, egg, tomato and banana in individual bowls to add as desired.Serve with basmatic rice.