- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup Vidalia or sweet onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups potatoes medium chopped
- 1/2 cup half & half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat; add onions, celery and garlic and cook until soft but not browned, about 15 minutes.
- Add broth and potatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Working in batches, transfer to blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Return to pan. Add half and half; gently re-warm but do not boil. Season with salt and white pepper.. Garnish with chopped chives.