Pimento Cheese with Jalapeno
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teas Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teas cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teas paprika
- 1 pound sharp cheddar, grated
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- crusty bread
- Pickle slices for serving
- Roast bell pepper and jalapeno over gas flame, turning often, till well blistered and charred. Transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap and let steam for about 10 or 12 minutes.
- Peel and seed the peppers and chop finely. Mix mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne and paprika in a medium bowl. Fold in cheddar and chopped peppers; season with salt and black pepper.
- Spread on a slice of chewy, crusty bread and serve sliced pickles on the side.