Onion and Feta Cheese Frittata
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion sliced thin
- 1 clove of garlic smashed and minced
- 6 small red potatoes washed and unpeeled, each sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 8 basil leaves
- 1 8- oz. jar of sun dried tomatoes drained
- 8 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 6 oz. Feta cheese crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium sized pot, add the whole red potatoes and salt, bring to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes or until done. Drain and dry on a clean towel. When cool, slice the potatoes into 1/4-inch slices and reserve.
- In a 10-inch, hot oven proof skillet, add the 2 tablespoons of oil, bring the heat up and add the sliced onions and garlic and cook till onions are translucent.
- Add the sliced potatoes, mix thoroughly with the onions and saute till potatoes are beginning to brown.
- Add the basil leaves and sprinkle the sun dried tomatoes over the potatoes.
- Beat the 8 eggs with the water till lightly beaten and pour over the potatoes and tomatoes. Salt and pepper to taste and shake the mixture to settle everything and sprinkle the Feta cheese over the eggs.
- Put the skillet in the oven and bake 18-20 minutes or until the eggs are set and the cheese is melted and beginning to brown.
- Serve immediately