Moroccan Chicken Thighs Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 pounds skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 2 cups thinly sliced onion
- 1 1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon gound black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 15 1/2 oz. can of garbonzo beans, drained
- 1 package 7-oz., preferably California dried apricots or about 1 1/3 cups, halved
- Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven, over medium high heat. Do not crowd the pieces, so it's best to brown the pieces in batches. Set aside the browned pieces on a plate.
- Add the sliced onion to the same pan, saute till onions are tender. Add the fresh ginger and the next 6 ingredients and saute until the spices are fragrant, about a minute.
- Stir-in the chicken broth, scraping the bottom to loosen the accumlated fond. Return the reserved chicken with all of the juices, to the pan and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer about 45-60 minutes or until tender.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and cut into bite size pieces. Add the chicken pieces, garbanzo beans and apricots, to the pan; cover, and simmer until heated thoroughly.
- Serve over couscous and garnish with cilantro sprig.