Marie’s Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup "Jif" Creamy peanut butter only this brand and not low fat or low sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees f.
- Cream the white sugar, the brown sugar and the shortening together.
- Add 2 eggs, creamy peanut butter and vanilla and continue to cream until it is well blended.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt, and add a little at a time to the creamed mixture until well blended.
- To make the cookies, take about a teaspoon full of the dough and roll into a ball in your hand and place it on a cookie sheet (ungreased), and with a fork, dipped in flour first, press down the ball in a criss-cross pattern (2 presses).
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes...no more than 10 minutes or they are too crisp,(depends on your oven). Makes about 5-6 dozen.