Korean Barbecued Short Ribs Recipe
- About 3-3 1/2 pounds beef short ribs Kalbi
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup beer
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper powder
- 1/2 cup Oriental dark-roasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, sprinkle the brown sugar over the ribs and rub them all with your hands to get the sugar on all of them. Set them aside.
- In another bowl, mix the ingredients for the marinade then add the ribs to the marinade and mix thoroughly, making sure that the brown sugar has completely disolved. (You could place the ribs in a plastic bag or maybe two bags, seal securely and turn them up and down getting the marinade over all the ribs). Place in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Remove ribs from the marinade and reserve marinade. Place ribs on the grill over medium coals. Grill about 2 or 3 minutes on each side, brushing marinade on them when they are turned. Note: You can also broil these ribs in the oven, turning occasionally.
- Serve with rice....