Italian Style Wontons Recipe
- 2 oz. mozzarrella cheese shredded (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 oz. fresh basil snipped
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 3 tablespoons dried tomatoes, oil-packed drained and minced
- 2 tablespoons black olives pitted ripe, finely chopped
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- 24 wonton wrappers
- Cooking oil for deep frying
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce bottled
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Combine mozzarella cheese, basil, walnuts, dried tomatoes, ripe olives and green onion in a small bowl.
- For each wonton, place one wrapper on a flat surface......Oh well, it's best you watch the video...click HERE.
- Heat 2-inches of cooking oil to 365 degrees F, in a heavy saucepan or deep fryer. Fry wontons, a few at a time, for 1 to 2 1/2 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on wire rack. Keep fried wontons warm in a 300 degrees F oven while frying remainder. Heat marinara sauce to serve for dipping.