Hawaiian Sweet Bread Pudding
- 1 loaf of King's Hawaiian Sweet bread
- 2 cups half and half or milk
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 box raisins
- 1 1/4 pound butter 1 stick, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.In a large bowl, tear or cut the bread into bite size pieces. Pour in the half and half or milk, mixing so that all the bread is well saturated with the milk.
- In a separate bowl, with an electric mixer, beat eggs with sugar until thick and pale and well blended. Stir in the vanilla, cinnamon, butter and raisins. Stir the soaked bread into the egg mixture, mixing well. Let stand for 15-20 minutes. Be sure the egg has been absorbed completely into the bread.
- Move the mixture to a greased baking dish and bake until firm or until a toothpick comes out smooth, about 45 minutes. Let cool in the dish.