Hawaiian Hamburgers Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- dash of fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root minced
- A handful of fresh bean sprouts
- 1 can 5 oz. water chestnuts, drained, rinsed and chopped
- 3 scallions chopped fine
- Combine meat with 1/4 cup of soy sauce, sugar, salt, pepper, ginger root and garlic. Mix until well blended.
- Shape into 12 large thin patties.
- Combine bean sprouts, water chestnuts and scallions. Spread 2 or 3 tablespoons of this mixture over six patties. Cover with the other six. Pinch edges together.
- Brush with remaining soy sauce. Broil 3 to 4 minutes on each side, 4 inches from flame. Brush again with the soy sauce and serve.....but not with buns!