Grilled Chinese Butterflied Leg of Lamb Recipe
- 1/2 cup Hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup finely minced scallions green and white parts
- 3 tablespoons Asian-style sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons well-aged Chinese dark Chinkiang Vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- Sprigs of mint or cilantro.
- Whisk marinade ingredients in small bowl until smooth.
- Place lamb in large resealable plastic bag, pour in marinade, seal bag tightly, toss to coat meat and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight (or as long as 2 days), turning occasionally. Allow lamb to sit at room temperature 1 hour before cooking.
- Lightly coat grill or broiler with non-stick cooking spray and preheat to medium-high.
- Remove meat, reserving marinade for basting and grill or broil, basting occasionally, about 15 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Allow meat to rest about 10-15 minutes, then slice on the bias and serve hot, garnished with mint or cilantro.