Garlic Roasted Chicken Recipe
- 2 cups onion quartered
- 10 cloves garlic mashed with 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 whole 3 pound frying chicken cut into 8 pieces
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Flour for dusting
- Olive oil for frying
- Make a marinade. Place the onion, half of the garlic/salt mixture, wine, olive oil and vinegar in a blender and blend thoroughly. Pour the marinade over the chicken and refrigerate covered for 2 to 4 hours or overnite if you wish. Turn the pieces occasionally. Drain marinade from chicken and reserve the marinade in a roasting pan. Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.Add olive oil in a large skillet. Sprinkle the chicken with lime juice and mix the pepper and cumin into the flour then dust the chicken lightly with flour and brown chicken quickly on all sides.
- Place chicken pieces in reserved roasting pan with marinade. Roast 45 -50 minutes or until juices run clear when pricked with a fork. Insert a meat thermometer into the fat part of the thigh, not touching the bone and rest the chicken when the thermometer reads 165-170 degrees F.