Fried Rice Recipe
- 6 cups cold steamed rice
- 6 tablespoons of oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 onion diced fine
- 3 celery stalks cut diagonally into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 eggs beaten with 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 6 green onions sliced on the bias
- Break-up the cold rice so that grains are separated and there are no lumps.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large, deep skillet and saute garlic, onions and celery just to soften slightly. Remove and reserve.
- Heat remaining oil to very hot and add rice, turning constantly so that it does not stick. Add more oil if necessary.
- When rice is hot, slowly add beaten eggs and stir constantly until eggs are set. Turn down heat to medium, add the reserved garlic, onions and celery, and blend in soy sauce, salt, pepper and sugar. Turn off heat and cover.
- Serve, garnished with chopped scallions.