Egg Foo Young Recipe
- 6 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions include some of the tops
- 1/4 cup bamboo shoots celery or shredded Chinese cabbage
- 1 cup frozen small shrimp, cleaned, cooked, defrosted and minced
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut or other cooking oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch blended with 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Let's make the sauce first.
- In saucepan, Heat and stir all sauce ingredients over moderate heat until slightly thickened. Set aside.
- Mix eggs with all vegetables, shrimp and soy sauce.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a heavy 4"- 6" skillet over moderate heat, add 1/3-cup egg mixture and fry as you would a pancake until lightly browned on bottom, flip and brown other side.
- Keep warm but do not stack, while you fry remaining "pancakes", adding more oil as needed and stirring egg mixture before adding each new "pancake".
- Serve hot topped with sauce.