Deep Pan Huevos Rancheros Recipe
- 10 corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 4 teaspoon ground cumin divided
- 2 teaspoon chili powder divided
- 1 - 15 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 - 15 oz. can black beans
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup cheddar or jack cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Lightly mist the tortillas with cooking spray. Place 1 or 2 at a time in a hot frying pan until they just start to bubble up, then flip to lightly brown the other side.
- Line the baking dish with the tortillas in an overlapping pattern so the entire bottom of the pan is covered and the tortillas reach all the way up the sides.
- Heat the olive oil and saute the garlic, onion, cumin, and chili powder for 2 minutes over medium heat. Add the tomatoes; bring to a boil and cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the cilantro.
- Drain the black beans and rinse them. Put the beans in the baking dish and spread evenly over the tortillas. Coat the beans with the remaining cumin and chili powder. Pour the tomato sauce over the beans and crack the eggs over the sauce in an even pattern. Sprinkle with the cheese and bake at 350 degrees F. for 35 minutes. The eggs should be firm. Remove from oven and let set for 10 minutes before serving. Ole!