- 1 onion chopped coarsely
- 1 cup leek chopped, white part only
- 1 cucumber, large peeled and seeded and chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter divided
- Salt pepper.
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 5 drops hot pepper sauce Tobasco
- Pinch dill chopped fresh or dried
- 1/2 cup half and half
- Saute onion, leek and cucumber (reserving 1/2 cup diced cucumber for garnish) in 2 tablespoons butter until onion is transparent. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook and stir to blend flavors. Add wine and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a small pan and blend in flour stirring constantly until all the flour has been integrated into the butter. Add to onion mixture and simmer for 1 hour.
- Put soup into a blender, approximately 15 seconds, then strain through a fine sieve. Add whipping cream, lemon juice, pepper sauce, dill and reserved diced cucumber.. Cool soup completely, correct seasoning and add half and half if soup is too thick.
- Serve in chilled soup cups. If desired, add 1/2 teaspoon sour cream into soup and garnish with lemon wedge and parsley.