- 1 pound lean pork cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 onions chopped
- 1 green bell pepper trimmed and chopped
- 2 cups celery chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- parsley sprig
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 pork sausages cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 quarts beef stock
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- In a heavy saucepan with the 2 tablespoons butter, saute the onion, celery and the green bell pepper. Add the lean pork, the garlic and a sprig of parsley, until the mixture is lightly browned.
- Stir in chopped ham and the remainder of the spices, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the pork sausage pieces to the pan and cook the mixture for 10 minutes.
- Add the beef stock and bring Jambalaya to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low, stir in the rice and cook for about 20 minutes or until the rice is tender.