Chocolate Pudding Cake Recipe
- unsweetened cocoa powder for dusting
- 1/2 cup sugar plus 1/3 cup
- 1 cup flour, cake
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder unsweetened
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk, low fat
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, light
- 1 tablespoon sugar, powdered
- Spray a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray or lightly butter and dust it with some unsweetened cocoa powder.
- In a large bowl, sift together 1/2 cup sugar, the cake flour, salt, 3-tablespoons of the cocoa powder and the baking powder.
- Add the milk, oil and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla, then stir to combine the liquid ingredients with the dry. Stir in the walnuts and spread the cake batter evenly in the pie pan.
- Mix together the remaining 1/3 cup of sugar, the remaining 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder and the 1/3 cup of light brown sugar. Stir in the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla and 1 cup of water. Pour this liquid over the batter in the pie pan.
- MICROWAVE the cake on medium (50 percent power) for 18 to 20 minutes, rotating the dish a quarter turn every three minutes. Serve the cake warm then sprinkle with powdered sugar.