Chicken Pomodoro Recipe
- 4 half chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- All-purpose flour enough to dredge the cutlets on each side.
- Non-stick spray
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 5 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/3 cup sliced scallions
- Butterfly the chicken breasts so when flattened they are all approximately the same thickness. You should have 4 cutlets.
- Season cutlets with salt and pepper, then dredge in flour. Coat a saute pan with nonstick spray, add oil and heat over medium-high flame. Saute cutlets on both sides. Transfer cutlets to a platter; pour off fat from the pan.
- Deglaze the pan with vodka (away from the heat); return to heat and cook until nearly evaporated.
- Add broth and lemon juice and reduce by half. Return cutlets to pan and cook on each side for 1 minute. Transfer cutlets to a warm plate.
- Stir tomato and cream into sauce and cook till thickened. Pour sauce over cutlets and garnish with scallions.