Chicken Breast Fillets with Lemon and Parsley Recipe
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 6 half chicken breasts Boneless, skinless fillets.
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper about 4 twists of the mill
- Juice of one lemon
- 3 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 1 lemon thinly sliced
Slice the half chicken breast in half, lengthwise, so you will have two pieces. When all 6 are done, you will have 12 pieces, 2 pieces per person.
- Heat the oil and 3 tablespoons of the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. When the butter foam begins to subside, saute the chicken fillets on both sides very briefly. (They will be cooked in 2 minutes at most.)
- Remove the fillets to a warm platter and add salt and pepper.
- Add the lemon juice to the skillet and turn on the heat to medium. Deglaze the pan, adding 1 or 2 tablespoons of water if necessary. Add the parsley and the remaining 2 tablespoons butter to the cooking juices. Stir three or four times. Lower the heat to a minimum and add the cooked chicken fillets, turning them over quickly in the sauce once or twice.
- Transfer the fillets to a warm serving platter and pour the cooking juices from the skillet over them. Serve garnished with lemon slices.