Chick Peas and Tomatoes Recipe
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium Spanish onion peeled and sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 15- oz. cans chick-peas drained
- 2 15- oz. cans whole tomatoes with juice crushed by hand
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon finely chopped mint
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over moderate heat.
- Add onion and garlic, saute for 5 minutes, then mix in the thyme, oregano, chic-peas and tomatoes.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 30 minutes, salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix in parsley and mint and serve.