Buttermilk and Dill Soup Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 leeks washed
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 pound russet potatoes peeled and thickly sliced
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- 6 tablespoons fresh dill chopped
- Heat the butter in a saucepan.
- Cut the tough green leaves off the leek and slice them lengthwise and clean thoroughly, then cut them crosswise into 1/2-inch slices and cook them in the butter gently for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, stir well to mix then add the peeled and thickly sliced potatoes. Cover and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until the potatoes are done.
- Cool slightly, then puree in a blender in batches with the buttermilk.Add salt and pepper to taste, stir in the chopped dill shortly before serving.