Buttered and Steamed Clams Recipe
- 2 pounds Manila or Cherrystone clams
- 1 cup white wine
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lemon cut in half
- 1 stick of butter 1/4 pound
- Small bunch curly parsley
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Prepare the sauce. Pour wine into a saucepan and cook over medium heat. Add butter, garlic and parsley. Squeeze lemon juice into sauce and bring to a boil; let simmer for 1 to 2 minutes. Add black pepper to taste.
- Wash the clams well and place them in a large, deep skillet on high heat. Sprinkle with salt.
- Pour the sauce over the clams, cover, raise heat and steam for about 8 minutes or until all the clams have opened. Do not over-cook! Discard those that don't open.