“Bonanza” Lemon Cheese Cake Recipe
- 3 oz. plain sweet shortbread cookies
- 1/2 cup almond meal ground almonds
- 1 1/2 oz. butter melted
- 1 1/4 lb. cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream 6 oz.
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- Place shortbread cookies in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Place in a mixing bowl with the almond meal and butter and mix to combine.
- Press the mixture into the base of a 9" springform pan and refrigerate until needed
- Place the cream cheese, sugar and sour cream in a food processor and process until smooth. Then add the eggs and lemon rind and process until well combined.
- Pour the topping into the crust in the springform pan and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour or until the topping is just firm to the touch. Cool in the tin and serve in slices with lemon curd or sliced fruit. Serves 12.