Baked Potato Soup
- 1/4 cup butter 1/2 stick
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can chicken broth 14.5 fl.oz.
- 1 can Evaporated milk 12 fl. oz.
- 2 large or 3 medium baking potatoes baked or microwaved.
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in flour and cook, stirring constantly till well combined and smooth.
- Gradually stir in broth and evaporated milk. Scoop potato pulp from 1 potato and mash,(reserve potato skin). Add pulp to broth mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until mixture comes just to a boil.
- Dice remaining potato skin and potato(es): add to soup. Heat through. Spoon into bowls. Sprinkle each with toppings.