Avocado, Fennel and Orange Salad
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 naval orange or blood red orange
- 1 fennel bulb stalks cut off and discarded
- 1 avocado ripe
- Whisk together vinegar, salt and pepper in a large bowl until salt is dissolved, then add oil, whisking until combined well.
- Cut peel, including all white pith, from orange. Halve orange lengthwise, then cut crosswise into thin slices.
- Halve, pit, and peel avocado, then cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Toss orange, fennel and avocado with dressing to combine.