Asparagus & Snap Pea Salad
- 2 pounds asparagus cut into 1-inch pieces.
- 1 1/2 pounds sugar snap peas strings removed, if any
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 hard-cooked eggs chopped
- 1 lemon zested
- 1/4 cup lemon juice fresh
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil the best
- Whisk together the lemon zest and juice, mustard, salt and pepper. Whisking constantly, drizzle in the oil; continue to whisk until thickened. Reserve.
- Cook the asparagus and peas separately in boiling, salted water until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water and pat dry. Combine with the dill, salt, pepper and vinaigrette. Serve in a decorative bowl, sprinkled with the chopped eggs.