- 8 ounces milk
- 2 eggs large
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces butter 1/2 stick, melted
- Combine the milk and the eggs and whisk until they're uniformly combined. Add the flour and salt and stir until combined. Allow the batter to sit for a half hour (or longer), for the flour to bloom (or hydrate).
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. and place your popover pan in the oven. Put a tablespoon of butter in each cup and watch till the butter starts to bubble.
- Carefully, remove the pan from the oven, fill each cup with batter and bake for 10 minutes, then reduce the heat to 375 degrees F. and continue baking until done, 20 to 30 minutes longer.
- Serve straight from the oven with preserves, jams or simply some good honey and butter. Or dust them with powdered sugar and spread with creme fraiche.