Soy Sauce Marinated Eggs
- 6 Large eggs
- 5 Garlic cloves peeled and smashed
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 cup Soy sauce
- 4 tbsp Aji Mirin See note
- 2 tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 sheet Nori (optional) toasted and finely crushed
- 2 cups Water
- Salt to taste
- Bring a pot of water, large enough to hold eggs easily, to a boil. Add eggs with a spoon and simmer for about 7 minutes. Remove eggs and transfer to a bowl of ice water for 2 or 3 minutes and peel.
- While eggs are cooking, bring garlic, Cayenne, soy sauce, mirin, vinegar and 2 cups water to a boil, reduce and simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove the pot from heat, add eggs and let sit for about 1 hour.
- Remove eggs, cut into quarters and sprinkle with table salt and the finely crushed nori if using.