Ross' 99 Cent Store “White Bean and Sausage” Soup
- 2 T “Palermo” Canola Oil Blend
- 1 pkg “Earl Campbell” Polish Sausage 12 oz
- 1 Sm/Med Onion chopped
- ½ Golden Bell Pepper chopped optional
- 2-3 Cloves “Global Farms” Peeled Garlic minced
- 1 can “S&W premium” White Beans 15 oz
- 1 can “Swanson” Chicken Broth 14.5 oz plus additional water
- ¾ cup “Bolthouse Farms” matchstick carrots
- 1 cup Cabbage chopped
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 4 ” sprig Rosemary
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- In a 4 Qt. Saute pan....heat up the 2 T of the Palermo Oil.
- Cut the Earl Campbell Sausage into ½ inch slices. Add to the pan and brown on both sides. Remove from pan.
- In the remaining oil, saute the onion and peppers for 2-3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic and saute for 1 minute. Season the mixture with salt & pepper.
- Add the white beans, carrots and cabbage. Stir well.
- Add the chicken broth along with ½ to ¾ cans of water depending on how chunky you like your soup. Return the sausage to the pan.
- Add the bay leaf and rosemary. Turn down the heat to low and cover.
- Simmer on low for about 15 minutes till heated well. Season to taste with salt & pepper and serve immediately.